Just because today is Monday (almost Tuesday for some) does not mean that you have to stress over the day or the rest of the week.
Most of us feel that weekends should be longer than weekdays, but for over the past few months, actually a year, we have not seen any weekends, as all days started to run into one another. Most of us have asked ourselves on frequent occasions, what’s today? Not only that, what is today’s date.
The weekdays don’t have to be stressful. Your day is what you make it. Some think that you can do to brighten up your day, reduce stress
- Look at yourself in the mirror and smile, maybe even laugh out loud. Smiling at yourself means looking at yourself and knowing that you are beautiful. Knowing that there is no one or nothing that could steal your joy or thunder. Smiling at yourself means that you have control over your being and you know which direction in life you are headed.
- Kiss and hug yourself every once in a while and stop depending on others to show you affection. Blow yourself a kiss while you look at yourself in the mirror. Grab ahold of your being and squeeze, squeeze tight. Know and constantly remind yourself that you love yourself first. By doing this you will know that you have what it take for others to love you as well. Showing yourself affection mean catering to you needs, engaging in self-care and not giving all of your time to others. Give yourself time, even if it means standing in front of the mirror and hugging yourself. Or walking past a mirror in private or public, and blowing yourself a kiss.
- Continue to challenge yourself. Just because it’s another day and another week does not mean challenging yourself have to come to a halt. Challenging yourself mean you continue to put in time and effort to come into a new and better you. Challenging yourself mean you know you have what it takes to succeed, be prosperous, and manufacture skills that will open a plethora of door that will lead to bigger and better things in life.
- Managing your time, meaning managing your stress. On frequent occasions, people allow tasks to pill up to a point where they cannot control them or they become extremely overwhelmed. The bite off a bit more than they can chew. They wish that there was more hours in day, but as we all know, we only get 24 hours and we have to sleep for at least 6-8 of those hours. Most task oriented stress are associated with procrastination, not ordering your task in chronological order, or in the order of importance. Managing time is more about doing what could be done first, while later considering tasks that mandates excessive or inaccessible resources thereafter. Tackling these tasks one at a time is considered managing time wisely.
- Take Monday as just another day of the week and not he start of the week. Monday’s are just the day after Sunday and the day before Tuesday. Monday’s are just another day of the week. Would feel any different about Monday if it took the place of Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday? If Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, were the day after Sunday, would you be discouraged when those days came around? Inquiring minds wanna know.
Don’t let the tasks of Monday send you on a frenzy, but instead push some of the daunting task off into other days of the week. Don’t let task from previous weeks pile up into the next week. It will only result in your scrambling to get things done or to meet deadlines or even missing deadlines.
I want to take the time to wish everyone a productive and prosperous week. Remember, Monday’s are going to come around every seven days, weekly, and they are not going to stop just because you are uncomfortable with its come-about or that it continues to shine in the light of day and night weekly, regardless of your feelings or attitude toward it. Monday is just another day. Use it to your advantage.