I am sitting here praying that this new mutation of COVID does not overtake the new year, whereby resulting in a longer prolongation of this pandemic. Yes, if you have not heard, there is a new COVID (trying to have a stake in the game becoming COVID-20/21), one the vaccine was not designed for. Better yet, one that is making the vaccination obsolete. If it is, what would the world do? How will this impact the persons who have taken the vaccine already? To date, there are still a lot of unanswered questions that we as the general public will never get the answer to. I mean they have seniors who are extremely excited to take the vaccine as a way for life longevity but how effective is the vaccination in keeping them from contracting the novel mutation. Investigative research has started back at square one to understand how such novel infection can spread so rapidly and now affect even the youngest generations, those young adults, 20 and younger. This goes to show you the powerful impact that this virus has. It was highly doubted from the beginning and most people of all ages, mainly younger generations did not take it seriously. Now, look. COVID 20/21 is on its way to create a potentially new pandemic where those of younger demographics will lose their lives, as they are the ones that are more likely to violate social distancing restrictions which results in them contacting it through friends and associates and spreading it to others, namely family members.
I sit back and hope and pray that all goes well. I sit back and pray that this does not become our new normal, of wearing masks, confinement, continuous sanitization (though it’s necessary from here on out), restricted travel, meaning no vacations, and inability to physically connect with loved ones, and lack of jobs and employment. another pandemic will send the world from shock to shit. Relationships and friendships have been challenged like never before. The rates of mental and physical abuse have increased. People are consuming toxic beverages, alcohol (raising my hand – wine-o, there is nothing wrong with wine if taking in moderation – wait, what is the definition of moderation, LOL), unhealthy foods, drugs, and marijuana, more than ever before just to help maintain/sustain a sense of sanity and flow. I must say, that I have not used Social Networking Sites (SNSs) in years and this year, I created an account. To my surprise, there are some people that like me. For example this blog site. Never in a million years would I have thought about blogging before a pandemic, yet, here she is, blogging.writing.self-expressing. Still figuring it out and how it works to increase traffic but I have to start somewhere right. Rome was not built in a day. Each post is considered brick laid. Here you go, an added brick to the mansion to be erected. One stone after the next. Self-made.
SOCIALLY-RESTRICTED HAS LED TO SOCIALLY-ORIENTED TECHNOLOGIES. SAY WHAAAAT?
Humans were not built for this; for social isolation, for social distancing. Humans are social creatures and heavily rely on others, even those outside of their immediate family and circle, to survive. If it is not the coronavirus killing people, it’s loneliness and feelings of isolation, and abandonment, especially for senior adults that are nonusers of technology. Another source of unwilful death has been police brutality among equally human brown and black people or by the hands of others who are jealous or feel threatened by black and brown people’s character and presence. This remains to be the reason why the world continues to be imbalanced when it comes to skin pigmentation and opportunities.
Given that technology is omnipresent, an opportunity should be abundant. It’s not that individuals are not looking for them, it is more so based on the person that makes the decision to give available opportunities. Technology usability is nuanced and socially oriented from a personal, academic, and professional standpoint. Human has never had to solely rely on technology to communicate with others. It has been beneficial for some but detrimental to others. Senior adults have increased their usability and adaptability rates due to the enforcement of social distances and physical contact restrictions. Speaking of which, technology has been found to be exceptionally impactful and beneficial when used constructively and when usage time is monitored. Had it not been for technology, I would not have had a career in IT for over 20 years or I would not have been introduced to multi-geographical persons. So, thank you technology and its socially facilitating components.
Some of the things that I wish to LEAVE in 2020 are:
- Negative energy. The energy that you put out is the energy you attack.
- negative disposition. If I have something negative to say then I will not say anything at all… Tightlipped for the sake of keeping my sanity.
- Naysayers and Nonsupporters. There are individual in your life that wants to see you fail. They claim to be your friend but in reality, they are your frienemy.
- Debt (damn, does this mean I have to give up my credit cards? : ((….)
- Excessive and Unnecessary shopping (wait isn’t all shopping necessary? I mean it’s a form of retail therapy, right.
- Fakeness/Fakery. It’s time that I am/remain true to myself and not live up to what others amount me to be or their standards. I must be authentic-self because I can be authentic to others. There are some people you have to be fake with…just saying.
- People who are not trying to do things for themselves but always have their hands out. I support only those who are trying to help themselves.
- Self-Uncertainty. Now more than ever, I have become certain about who I am and what I want to do with my life. If others cannot appreciate or accept my candor or willingness to be a better me then you are not, nor have you ever been, for me.
- 10 lbs / COVID weight
- If I have the choice, the COVID pandemic.
Some things that I wish to TAKE with me into the new year 2021 are:
- Positive influencers
- A ‘can-do’ and ‘I will’ disposition
- Positive emotions
- Authentic ties and relationships
- Continuing Education
- I would say handbags, shoes, and other materialistic things but this year has taught me that none of that matters. All of the mess that you accumulate over the years, you cannot take to the grave unless you purchase a condo-sized plot. Money is like all else, is irrelevant upon death. Share the wealth, but enjoy it while you can.
- Giving back and doing more for impoverished communities and senior adults.
- Doctoral Journey
- Business Ventures
- Public Speaking
- Healthy Mental State
- An educated brown girl
- A person that will NEVER apologize for who she is
- A Natural me
- A fortunate me
- A powerful me
- A selfless me
- A loving me
- A giving me
- A faithful me
- A person that does not accept BS
- An outspoken me
- I am bringing into the new year, a NEW ME
What are some of the things you wish to leave behind or take with you while transitioning over from 2020 to 2021 while moving forward?
Most of us will have the opportunity to look at the lessons that we have learned and be grateful. Others will look back on their lives and say that they could have done things differently. Some will not be able to look back at all, as they have lost their lives to COVID, most of which were the faults of others, or not. In your lively breath, give thanks for making it into another year after being exposed to one of the most challenging years you will ever face.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, 2021, EVERYONE!
4 thoughts on “Peace Out and Good Riddance 2020…HELLO 2021”
Happy new year
LikeLiked by 2 people
Quite the list I’d say that’s a few bricks towards the mansion…Happy New Year…Thank you for following CarolCooks2 🙂
LikeLiked by 2 people
& happy new year
LikeLiked by 3 people
Taking time to reevaluate life and head down a righteous path. Being optimistic and possessing a positive disposition leads to increased well-being and health. Life is too short. Positive vibes only.
Thanks. I enjoy learning about new foods and recipes and about others from all parts of the world, near and far.
LikeLiked by 2 people